Most Active Stories
- Idaho Void Of "Super Zips," State's Most Elite Zip Codes Are Near Boise
- Map: Proposed Megaload Route Will Wind Across Southern Idaho's Backroads
- Why A Group Of Idaho Potato Growers Is In Court Over Alleged Price-Fixing, "Cartel Behavior"
- Boise State's Chris Petersen Withdraws From Coaching Search At USC
- More Search And Rescue Teams Deployed In Idaho Mountains To Look For Missing California Airplane
John Hess is Boise State Public Radio’s General Manager/Executive Director. He has held this position since 2005. Boise State Public Radio is a 21-station network serving southwest Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Originating from Idaho’s capital city, Boise State Public Radio operates five separate program services broadcasting throughout its region, reaching a potential audience of 850,000.
John serves on the Executive Committee for Western States Public Radio, a membership organization dedicated to representing public radio stations based in the western United States. He also serves on the Executive Committee for The University Station Alliance. The Alliance is a grassroots non-profit 501(c)(3) representing noncommercial public radio stations licensed to universities, colleges, school districts, and state agencies. More than 200 of these across the country are affiliated or actively involved with the University Station Alliance.
Previously, John was the Director of Broadcasting at the University of Northern Iowa, managing KUNI/KHKE, a network of six public radio stations serving eastern and central Iowa. John is a 28-year veteran of the communications industry, having worked in television, radio, and the newspaper industry. He is a graduate of the University of Iowa with a BA degree in broadcasting and film production.