Most Active Stories
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Idahoans And Iowans Join Forces To End State Mix-Up
- Idaho's Eccentric Political Candidate Harley Brown Gets Reality TV Deal
- Four Simple Notes Captured Listeners Across Centuries
- Study: Fungus Found In Chobani Yogurt More Dangerous Than First Reported
Linda Holmes writes and edits NPR's entertainment and pop-culture blog, Monkey See. She has several elaborate theories involving pop culture and monkeys, all of which are available on request.
Holmes began her professional life as an attorney. In time, however, her affection for writing, popular culture and the online universe eclipsed her legal ambitions. She shoved her law degree in the back of the closet, gave its living-room space to DVD sets of The Wire and never looked back.
Holmes was a writer and editor at Television Without Pity, where she recapped several hundred hours of programming — including both High School Musical movies, for which she did not receive hazard pay. Since 2003, she has been a contributor to MSNBC.com, where she has written about books, movies, television and pop-culture miscellany.
Holmes' work has also appeared on Vulture (New York magazine's entertainment blog), in TV Guide and in many, many legal documents.