Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
Thu March 22, 2012
Benny Golson: Bringing The Hits
Originally published on Tue July 8, 2014 6:50 am
Tenor saxophonist and composer Benny Golson is now in his second half-century as a touring and recording jazz artist. He began performing almost 60 years ago and recorded his first LP as a bandleader 55 years ago, but remains as sharp and lively as ever.
Golson's visit to the KPLU studio was marked by his wonderfully humorous storytelling, which he wove around performances of three of his best-loved compositions: "Along Came Betty," "Whisper Not" and "Killer Joe." Here, he's accompanied by pianist Sharp Radway and drummer Jason Marsalis.
All compositions by Benny Golson.
- "Along Came Betty"
- "Killer Joe"
- "Whisper Not"
- Benny Golson, tenor saxophone
- Sharp Radway, piano
- Jason Marsalis, drums
Abe Beeson, host; Justin Steyer, videographer and editor.