Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Fri August 31, 2012
Boise Gardeners Compete For End Of Season Deals
As summer draws to a close a lot of things people like to do wind down. The baseball season, water skiing, and of course gardening.
While Idaho gardeners will be planting well into September, this is the unofficial end of the summer gardening season. At this time of year many gardening stores have big sales. A perennial half off sale at one Boise green house has become a 15 year tradition. It’s a time when hard core gardeners get together to socialize and yes compete to buy the best plants. Adam Cotterell takes us to the gardening world’s equivalent of Black Friday. Call it Green Thursday.