Most Active Stories
- Idaho Void Of "Super Zips," State's Most Elite Zip Codes Are Near Boise
- Chris Petersen Era Ends At Boise State As ‘Coach Pete’ Departs For Washington
- Video Shows Rugged Snow-Covered Idaho Terrain Searchers Are Combing For Missing Plane
- Son Of Former McDonald's Worker, Raul Labrador Opposes Minimum Wage Increase
- Map: Proposed Megaload Route Will Wind Across Southern Idaho's Backroads
Fri August 31, 2012
Boise Gardeners Compete For End Of Season Deals
As summer draws to a close a lot of things people like to do wind down. The baseball season, water skiing, and of course gardening.
While Idaho gardeners will be planting well into September, this is the unofficial end of the summer gardening season. At this time of year many gardening stores have big sales. A perennial half off sale at one Boise green house has become a 15 year tradition. It’s a time when hard core gardeners get together to socialize and yes compete to buy the best plants. Adam Cotterell takes us to the gardening world’s equivalent of Black Friday. Call it Green Thursday.