Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Thu October 25, 2012
Boise Loses One Direct Flight To Portland, Fear Not, One Still Remains
If you tried to book a spring break direct flight from Boise to Portland on Southwest Airlines this week, you’d notice it’s no longer an option. Southwest released its April and May flight schedule this week, and that direct connection is absent.
“If you have a flight under two hours,” says Southwest spokesman Brad Hawkins, “the traffic is just not there anymore.” Hawkins says travelers can still get to Portland on his airline, you’ll just have to go through Las Vegas or Oakland first.
Boise Airport director Rebecca Hupp is disappointed in the cut. She says it’s a challenge to convince airlines to maintain or expand air service out of any mid-sized airport, not just Boise, given the high-cost of fuel and airline consolidation. Click here to continue reading...