Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Fri May 23, 2014
Boise Man Facing Graffiti Vandalism Charges
A 20-year-old Boise man is accused of being a prolific graffiti vandal linked to 342 incidents causing about $217,000 in damage.
Authorities tell KTVB-TV that Matthew Erickson Armstrong faces five counts of felony malicious injury to property.
Armstrong was already in the Ada County Jail on a probation violation when the new charges were made Tuesday.
Police say he targeted homes, businesses, schools, fences and more.
Boise Police Department Capt. Steve Myers says graffiti is one of the most commonly complained about crimes in the city.
He says the quick removal of graffiti and arrests of several prolific taggers has helped reduce the problem in the last three years.