Most Active Stories
- Report: More Idaho Children Live In Poverty, Education Outcomes Slide
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Meet The Cast Of Disney’s ‘Planes: Fire & Rescue’ And Their Real Life Idaho Counterparts
- Study: Fungus Found In Chobani Yogurt More Dangerous Than First Reported
- Gov. Otter Didn't Know 8 Immigrant Children Have Been Sent To Idaho In Border Surge
Thu May 10, 2012
Caroline Aiken On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Fri January 18, 2013 8:01 am
Caroline Aiken makes her first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of the University of Georgia in Athens. Born and raised on the Georgia Sea Island of St. Simons, Aiken grew up under the influence of local musicians like the Georgia Sea Island Singers.
In the late 1960s, Aiken relocated to New York, then to California, South America and back to Atlanta, playing music all along the way. It was in Atlanta that she heard a teenage duo singing a CSNY song behind the venue where she was set to perform. Years later, the same duo — The Indigo Girls — invited Aiken to tour with it on several different occasions.
A powerful guitarist in her own right, Aiken is backed by the Mountain Stage band on bass and drums, as well as her some of her friends: Eddie Glicken on percussion, John Pagano and John Keane on guitar and, for her final song, Randall Bramblett on sax.
This Mountain Stage performance was originally published on May 10, 2012.