Most Active Stories
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Idahoans And Iowans Join Forces To End State Mix-Up
- Extremists Leave A Violent Message In A Small Iraqi Town
- Update: Idaho's Whiskey Complex Wildfire Closes Sections Of Boise County
- Idaho's Eccentric Political Candidate Harley Brown Gets Reality TV Deal
Fri May 23, 2014
Central Idaho Airport Runway Opens On Time
Runway work at a central Idaho airport that serves the resort area of Ketchum and Sun Valley has been completed.
Friedman Memorial Airport officials in Hailey tell the Idaho Mountain Express that the runway opened Thursday.
The work involved moving a taxiway 70 feet away from the runway.
Workers shut down the runway on April 22 as part of a $34 million project intended to meet Federal Aviation Administration safety requirements. Most of the cost is being covered by a series of federal grants.
Additional work includes strengthening the pavement in an area where large, private planes park, building new taxi lanes, and expanding and relocating a terminal.
The project is expected to be finished by July 2015.