Most Active Stories
- How Do You Say That? 10 Idaho Places Only Idahoans Know How To Pronounce
- Why Half Of Concordia Law School’s 3rd Year Students Will Take Fall Semester Off
- Former Iowa Lawmaker Admits To Getting Payoff Before 2012 Caucuses
- Idaho's Workforce Has Shrunk More Than Most States
- Special Idaho Court A Model In Fight Against Domestic Violence
Fri May 23, 2014
Central Idaho Airport Runway Opens On Time
Runway work at a central Idaho airport that serves the resort area of Ketchum and Sun Valley has been completed.
Friedman Memorial Airport officials in Hailey tell the Idaho Mountain Express that the runway opened Thursday.
The work involved moving a taxiway 70 feet away from the runway.
Workers shut down the runway on April 22 as part of a $34 million project intended to meet Federal Aviation Administration safety requirements. Most of the cost is being covered by a series of federal grants.
Additional work includes strengthening the pavement in an area where large, private planes park, building new taxi lanes, and expanding and relocating a terminal.
The project is expected to be finished by July 2015.