Most Active Stories
- Report: More Idaho Children Live In Poverty, Education Outcomes Slide
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Gov. Otter Didn't Know 8 Immigrant Children Have Been Sent To Idaho In Border Surge
- Fire Managers Nearing Containment On Most Lightning-Caused Wildfires North Of Boise
- Fox Won't Broadcast Stuntman's Snake River Canyon Jump
Fri May 23, 2014
Central Idaho Airport Runway Opens On Time
Runway work at a central Idaho airport that serves the resort area of Ketchum and Sun Valley has been completed.
Friedman Memorial Airport officials in Hailey tell the Idaho Mountain Express that the runway opened Thursday.
The work involved moving a taxiway 70 feet away from the runway.
Workers shut down the runway on April 22 as part of a $34 million project intended to meet Federal Aviation Administration safety requirements. Most of the cost is being covered by a series of federal grants.
Additional work includes strengthening the pavement in an area where large, private planes park, building new taxi lanes, and expanding and relocating a terminal.
The project is expected to be finished by July 2015.