Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Thu October 24, 2013
Denney Announces Idaho Secretary Of State Run; Ysursa Undecided
Republican state Rep. Lawerence Denney announced his run for secretary of state, even as incumbent Ben Ysursa remains undecided whether to seek a fourth term.
At an event in the Idaho Capitol in Boise, Denney on Thursday pledged to pursue election fraud allegations and said he'd work against the Idaho Department of Land's push to expand into commercial real estate where it competes with private business.
The secretary of state is Idaho's top election regulator and has a seat on the Land Board.
Ysursa, a Republican, says he's been "in agonizing internal deliberations" for some time.
Others have expressed interest in next May's GOP primary, if Ysursa doesn't run.
They include Phil McGrane, the chief deputy court clerk in Ada County.