Most Active Stories
- Idaho Void Of "Super Zips," State's Most Elite Zip Codes Are Near Boise
- Son Of Former McDonald's Worker, Raul Labrador Opposes Minimum Wage Increase
- Chris Petersen Era Ends At Boise State As ‘Coach Pete’ Departs For Washington
- Video Shows Rugged Snow-Covered Idaho Terrain Searchers Are Combing For Missing Plane
- Probation For Teen Who Killed 4: Here's The Judge's Thinking
Thu October 24, 2013
Denney Announces Idaho Secretary Of State Run; Ysursa Undecided
Republican state Rep. Lawerence Denney announced his run for secretary of state, even as incumbent Ben Ysursa remains undecided whether to seek a fourth term.
At an event in the Idaho Capitol in Boise, Denney on Thursday pledged to pursue election fraud allegations and said he'd work against the Idaho Department of Land's push to expand into commercial real estate where it competes with private business.
The secretary of state is Idaho's top election regulator and has a seat on the Land Board.
Ysursa, a Republican, says he's been "in agonizing internal deliberations" for some time.
Others have expressed interest in next May's GOP primary, if Ysursa doesn't run.
They include Phil McGrane, the chief deputy court clerk in Ada County.