Most Active Stories
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Idahoans And Iowans Join Forces To End State Mix-Up
- Idaho's Eccentric Political Candidate Harley Brown Gets Reality TV Deal
- Four Simple Notes Captured Listeners Across Centuries
- Study: Fungus Found In Chobani Yogurt More Dangerous Than First Reported
Thu October 17, 2013
Energy Bar Company Plans Bakery With 250 Jobs In Twin Falls
A California-based energy food bar company is planning to break ground on a new baking facility in Twin Falls early in 2015.
Clif Bar company officials joined Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter and Twin Falls leaders Thursday in announcing the plans. The company anticipates creating 250 jobs when the facility is up and running in late 2016.
Company officials say they intend to invest $160 million into the new facility, with $90 million slotted for the first phase.
The privately held company produces a variety of nutritional products targeting active and athletic consumers, and its flagship product is the Clif Bar, developed by company founder and outdoors enthusiast Gary Erickson.
Shortly after the company announced its plans, the Twin Falls City Council approved a development deal.