Most Active Stories
- Idaho Void Of "Super Zips," State's Most Elite Zip Codes Are Near Boise
- Chris Petersen Era Ends At Boise State As ‘Coach Pete’ Departs For Washington
- Video Shows Rugged Snow-Covered Idaho Terrain Searchers Are Combing For Missing Plane
- Son Of Former McDonald's Worker, Raul Labrador Opposes Minimum Wage Increase
- Map: Proposed Megaload Route Will Wind Across Southern Idaho's Backroads
Mon March 4, 2013
Florida State Agrees To Play In Boise In 2020
Boise State has once again announced a home game with an opponent from the Atlantic Coast Conference. ACC member Florida State will play the Broncos in a series scheduled to start in six years. Today’s announcement comes a week after Boise State announced a series with Virginia.
Brian Murphy covers Boise State for The Idaho Statesman. He says a change in the college football postseason has put more of an emphasis on strength-of-schedule. Teams that might have previously scheduled opponents from weak conferences or lower divisions, are now scheduling better opponents.
Murphy says today’s news further legitimizes the Boise State program.
“This is a huge step in sort of giving them that national profile, which they’ve earned over the last few years,” Murphy says. “ But the fact a Virginia, and a Michigan State and now a Florida State are willing come to Boise, play a home-and-home series…that basically makes them equals.”
Virginia will be the first to play in Boise. That’s in 2017. Florida State will play in Boise three years later. Michigan State is scheduled to play at Bronco Stadium in 2022.
Click here for our full conversation with The Statesman's Brian Murphy: