Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Mon March 4, 2013
Florida State Agrees To Play In Boise In 2020
Boise State has once again announced a home game with an opponent from the Atlantic Coast Conference. ACC member Florida State will play the Broncos in a series scheduled to start in six years. Today’s announcement comes a week after Boise State announced a series with Virginia.
Brian Murphy covers Boise State for The Idaho Statesman. He says a change in the college football postseason has put more of an emphasis on strength-of-schedule. Teams that might have previously scheduled opponents from weak conferences or lower divisions, are now scheduling better opponents.
Murphy says today’s news further legitimizes the Boise State program.
“This is a huge step in sort of giving them that national profile, which they’ve earned over the last few years,” Murphy says. “ But the fact a Virginia, and a Michigan State and now a Florida State are willing come to Boise, play a home-and-home series…that basically makes them equals.”
Virginia will be the first to play in Boise. That’s in 2017. Florida State will play in Boise three years later. Michigan State is scheduled to play at Bronco Stadium in 2022.
Click here for our full conversation with The Statesman's Brian Murphy: