Most Active Stories
- Idaho Women, Individuals Have Lowest Median Incomes In The Country
- Congress May Answer (And Complicate) An Idaho Girl's Need For Epilepsy Treatment
- How One Young Girl Could Change Idaho's Strict Marijuana Laws
- Idaho Ranchers And Feds Reach Truce On Long-Standing Battle Over Fighting Wildfires
- Why One Environmental Writer Compares Idaho’s Snake River To A Sewer
Fri May 11, 2012
Football Could Make A Return At The College of Idaho
The College of Idaho’s football program hasn’t been around since 1977. But today [ Friday ] the Board of Trustees will decide whether “Coyotes” football should be reinstated. College of Idaho President Marv Henberg said in a news release back in February several factors will go into this decision including the impact on student life, revenue, alumni engagement and community involvement.
If the College’s football program is reinstated, the Coyotes would likely start to compete during the 2014 season. The team would be part of the Frontier Conference which includes Lewis-Clark State College, Carroll College and Southern Oregon University.
The Board’s decision is expected to be made public Monday morning during a news conference at the College of Idaho.
The College of Idaho has 19 men’s and women’s varsity teams competing in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics and the United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association.