Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
Fri May 11, 2012
Football Could Make A Return At The College of Idaho
The College of Idaho’s football program hasn’t been around since 1977. But today [ Friday ] the Board of Trustees will decide whether “Coyotes” football should be reinstated. College of Idaho President Marv Henberg said in a news release back in February several factors will go into this decision including the impact on student life, revenue, alumni engagement and community involvement.
If the College’s football program is reinstated, the Coyotes would likely start to compete during the 2014 season. The team would be part of the Frontier Conference which includes Lewis-Clark State College, Carroll College and Southern Oregon University.
The Board’s decision is expected to be made public Monday morning during a news conference at the College of Idaho.
The College of Idaho has 19 men’s and women’s varsity teams competing in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics and the United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association.