Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Wed August 8, 2012
Former Corrections Worker Charged With Sexual Contact With Inmate
A woman who worked for the Idaho Department of Corrections is in the Ada County Jail on a charge she had sexual contact with an inmate. Stephanie Nicole Klein was arrested Tuesday.
Klein was hired by the Department in 2010. She worked at the South Idaho Correctional Institution. That’s the minimum security men’s prison south of Boise. She also worked at the South Boise Women’s Correctional Center.
After the IDOC launched an investigation into the allegation of sexual contact, officials turned the case over to the Ada County Sheriff’s Office. The charge is a felony and carries a penalty of up to life in prison. The Correction Department has released an official statement. It says because this is a personnel matter, the IDOC will have no further comment on the case.
Copyright 2012 Boise State Public Radio