Most Active Stories
- Idaho Void Of "Super Zips," State's Most Elite Zip Codes Are Near Boise
- Son Of Former McDonald's Worker, Raul Labrador Opposes Minimum Wage Increase
- Chris Petersen Era Ends At Boise State As ‘Coach Pete’ Departs For Washington
- Video Shows Rugged Snow-Covered Idaho Terrain Searchers Are Combing For Missing Plane
- Chris Petersen Says Decision To Leave Boise State For Washington Was About 'Timing And Fit'
Wed March 27, 2013
Hailey, Pocatello Airports Set To Close Towers In Early May
Airports in Hailey and Pocatello will close their air traffic control towers on May 5. The Lewiston-Nez Perce County and Idaho Falls Regional Airports are also set to close sometime after April 7.
The Federal Aviation Administration released a complete list of airports affected by the federal budget cuts last Friday.
Rick Baird manages the Friedman Memorial Airport in Hailey. He says the FAA continues to update how the sequester will impact the regional airport.
According to the Associated Press, the tower closures will not force the airports to shut down. But pilots will be in charge of takeoff and landing communications, without help from ground controllers.