Most Active Stories
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Idahoans And Iowans Join Forces To End State Mix-Up
- Extremists Leave A Violent Message In A Small Iraqi Town
- Update: Idaho's Whiskey Complex Wildfire Closes Sections Of Boise County
- Idaho's Eccentric Political Candidate Harley Brown Gets Reality TV Deal
Wed March 27, 2013
Hailey, Pocatello Airports Set To Close Towers In Early May
Airports in Hailey and Pocatello will close their air traffic control towers on May 5. The Lewiston-Nez Perce County and Idaho Falls Regional Airports are also set to close sometime after April 7.
The Federal Aviation Administration released a complete list of airports affected by the federal budget cuts last Friday.
Rick Baird manages the Friedman Memorial Airport in Hailey. He says the FAA continues to update how the sequester will impact the regional airport.
According to the Associated Press, the tower closures will not force the airports to shut down. But pilots will be in charge of takeoff and landing communications, without help from ground controllers.