Most Active Stories
- In Latest Campaign Gaffe, Ybarra's Degrees In Question
- In This Republican Stronghold, Why One Idaho Man Still Votes Democrat
- Idaho's GOP Governor Faces Two Hurdles: A Wealthy Democrat And Fed-Up Republicans
- In Crisis: Idaho’s Fragmented Mental Health System Leaves Many Behind
- How A Boise Woman Is Turning African-Inspired Handbags Into A College Education
Mon August 5, 2013
Hey Idaho Artists, NPR Launches "My Sound World" T-shirt Design Challenge
"What are the sounds that inspire you? Is it a song you hear on a Tiny Desk Concert? A story about biodiversity in the Amazon? Or an interview with the man who discovered the world's deepest cave? Take inspiration from your own connection with NPR's content to create a design that celebrates sound." - Threadless.com/npr
The winning design will be announced Oct. 14, 2013 and you'll be able to purchase it at a suggested price of $19.50. Threadless will donate 25 percent of the T-shirt proceeds to NPR.
Here is where Boise State Public Radio comes in; we have a chance to split those T-shirt proceeds with NPR. If the winning artist identifies Boise State Public Radio as his/her station, we'll see a portion of T-shirt sales.
If you'd like to submit your artwork, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Make sure to steer clear of using any NPR personalities, program or public radio station names in your design.
- The contest is open until Aug. 26, scoring runs through Sept. 2. Your design will be scored by the Threadless community.
And of course, there are prizes for the winning artist!
- $2,000 cash
- $500 Threadless.com gift code
- NPR Limited Edition Peter Max iSongBook
- Autographed copy of This is NPR
- Private tour of NPR Headquarters in Washington, DC for the winner and a guest (travel not included)
- Other designs chosen for print from this challenge will receive compensation based on the product printed on & the quantity printed.
Good luck, and if you decide to submit a design, be sure to let us know!