Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Mon July 23, 2012
How Much Is A Scrap Of Royal Wedding Toast Worth?
Originally published on Tue July 24, 2012 12:52 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. In honor of the London Olympics, here's dramatic British news. An auction house sold a memento from the wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles. Rose Marie Smith says she visited her daughter, who worked for the royal family back in 1981. She saw toast that Prince Charles left on a breakfast tray. Last week, she sold it for the equivalent of $361. It's one of the higher prices on record for a scrap of food. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.