Most Active Stories
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Idaho's Eccentric Political Candidate Harley Brown Gets Reality TV Deal
- Study: Fungus Found In Chobani Yogurt More Dangerous Than First Reported
- Idahoans And Iowans Join Forces To End State Mix-Up
- Report: More Idaho Children Live In Poverty, Education Outcomes Slide
Fri February 15, 2013
Ice Fishing Tournament Brings Good Fun To Idaho's Magic Reservoir
Ice fishing enthusiasts have big plans this weekend on Magic Reservoir in southern Blaine County. The lake hosts its annual tournament Saturday and Sunday. Competitors are going for the biggest trout and yellow perch. They’ll weigh their catches throughout the day.
The tournament begins at 7 a.m. and ends around 1 p.m each day. The competition ends with a fish fry after the final weigh in Sunday afternoon.
Don Hartman owns the West Magic Resort and helped organize the West Magic Resort Ice Fishing Tournament on Magic Reservoir. He says some years the ice freezes three feet or more and people will drive out on the reservoir to fish.
Hartman says he won’t do that. Bottom line he tells Scott Graf, ice fishing is about camaraderie.