Most Active Stories
- Idaho Women, Individuals Have Lowest Median Incomes In The Country
- Congress May Answer (And Complicate) An Idaho Girl's Need For Epilepsy Treatment
- How One Young Girl Could Change Idaho's Strict Marijuana Laws
- Idaho Ranchers And Feds Reach Truce On Long-Standing Battle Over Fighting Wildfires
- Why One Environmental Writer Compares Idaho’s Snake River To A Sewer
Wed August 13, 2014
Idaho Business Group Launches Political Attack Website Against Democrat Balukoff
A recently launched website is targeting Idaho's Democratic gubernatorial candidate A.J. Balukoff's and criticizing his political stances, but Balukoff says the site is using lies to undermine his campaign against Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter.
The Idaho Association of Commerce and Industry's political action committee posted the site Tuesday.
The site attacks Balukoff's stance on guns, wolves and taxes. IACI also criticized Balukoff's support of expanding Idaho's Medicaid eligibility, even though the pro-business lobby group urged lawmakers to embrace Medicaid expansion a year ago.
Balukoff's spokesman says the site is appalling. Michael Lanza contends Otter is using this as a tactic to run away from his own political record.
In 2010, IACI launched a similar website targeting former Democratic gubernatorial candidate Keith Allred. Allred countered saying the site was spreading misinformation.