Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Fri November 8, 2013
Idaho Coach Fired For Facebook Photo Is Challenging Decision
The former Pocatello High School girls' basketball coach who was fired after a photograph appeared on a social networking website showing a male coach touching her chest is challenging her dismissal.
Last month, School District 25 officials fired Laraine Cook and are now seeking to have her teaching certificate revoked by the state Board of Education.
But Cook tells the Idaho State Journal she has an attorney and is appealing her dismissal through the grievance process. She says losing her job and possibly her teaching certificate are too harsh considering the circumstances.
Before her dismissal, a photo was posted on Cook's Facebook page showing her boyfriend — Pocatello High School football coach Tom Harrison — touching her chest.
Harrison has been reprimanded but continues to coach the football team.