Most Active Stories
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Idahoans And Iowans Join Forces To End State Mix-Up
- Extremists Leave A Violent Message In A Small Iraqi Town
- Update: Idaho's Whiskey Complex Wildfire Closes Sections Of Boise County
- Idaho's Eccentric Political Candidate Harley Brown Gets Reality TV Deal
Thu July 3, 2014
Idaho Woman Gives Birth Through Her Pant Leg While Driving, On Phone
An Idaho woman gave birth while driving to a doctor appointment and delivered her daughter by herself.
Shawna Uriguen delivered the 6-pound, 7-ounce baby Tuesday while she driving from work to a doctor's appointment, the Times-News reported Thursday. She was on the phone with her fiance, Clay Crown, and said she was trying to find a place to pull over when the baby was born. She said she quickly got the baby out of her pant leg and checked to make sure she was OK.
Uriguen, 29, said she had been having contractions but didn't think she was in labor. The baby, named Kimber Marie Crown, was due on Saturday.
Uriguen said medics arrived in minutes, and she was taken to the hospital to get checked out. Uriguen said she and the baby are fine.