Most Active Stories
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Idahoans And Iowans Join Forces To End State Mix-Up
- Extremists Leave A Violent Message In A Small Iraqi Town
- Update: Idaho's Whiskey Complex Wildfire Closes Sections Of Boise County
- Idaho's Eccentric Political Candidate Harley Brown Gets Reality TV Deal
Thu December 12, 2013
Idaho's Health Insurance Exchange Launches Ad Campaign After Delay
Idaho's insurance exchange will begin paid marketing around Dec. 20, a delay of more than a month.
Still, don't expect to see Your Health Idaho television advertising over Christmas.
Consultants told the exchange's board Thursday holiday TV spots were too expensive, so this initial "bridge" marketing will concentrate instead on radio, Internet and newspapers.
The exchange's $3 million-plus ad campaign has been pushed back due to software problems since Oct. 1.
Exchange spokeswoman Jody Olson told board members that uninsured people remain largely unaware Idaho even has an exchange, so it's important to begin as soon as possible.
Marketing will be aimed at building awareness and encouraging people to enroll in coverage that's a key part of President Barack Obama's 2010 health care law — or else face a fine.