Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Fri April 26, 2013
Kestrels Return To Boise Nest Box: Research Project Grows Dramatically
Last year, we told you about the project's kickoff in Boise to sign up citizen scientists to build nest boxes for these dwindling birds.
Research Biologist Matt Giovanni says the project has grown like crazy. More than 500 people have signed up around the country to help. Volunteer scientists monitor nest boxes, giving the professional researchers valuable information on how the species is doing.
Copyright 2013 Boise State Public Radio