Most Active Stories
- If You Were Born In Idaho, Data Show You Probably Stayed
- Idaho Women, Individuals Have Lowest Median Incomes In The Country
- Why Boise Owns A 7 Square-Mile Farm (Hint: It's For Your Poop)
- Idaho Playwright Wins $625,000 MacArthur 'Genius' Grant
- Solar Flare Could Trigger Auroras Tonight For Northern U.S.
Mon August 19, 2013
Longtime Idaho Democrat To Challenge Rep. Raul Labrador
The Lewiston Tribune reports two-term incumbent Rep. Raul Labrador has a challenger in Idaho's 1st Congressional District. Longtime state legislator Shirley Ringo, a Democrat from Moscow, will run against Labrador.
Ringo told the Tribune she's not naïve about the challenge of being a Democrat in a predominantly Republican state.
“I think there are some moderate Republicans who are disgusted with the party's hard shift to the right,” she told the Tribune. “That could open some doors, and I'm eager to test that and see how wide those doors can go.”
Ringo is 72-years-old and currently serving her seventh term in the Idaho House of Representatives.