Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Mon August 19, 2013
Longtime Idaho Democrat To Challenge Rep. Raul Labrador
The Lewiston Tribune reports two-term incumbent Rep. Raul Labrador has a challenger in Idaho's 1st Congressional District. Longtime state legislator Shirley Ringo, a Democrat from Moscow, will run against Labrador.
Ringo told the Tribune she's not naïve about the challenge of being a Democrat in a predominantly Republican state.
“I think there are some moderate Republicans who are disgusted with the party's hard shift to the right,” she told the Tribune. “That could open some doors, and I'm eager to test that and see how wide those doors can go.”
Ringo is 72-years-old and currently serving her seventh term in the Idaho House of Representatives.