Most Active Stories
- Why Boise Owns A 7 Square-Mile Farm (Hint: It's For Your Poop)
- If You Were Born In Idaho, Data Show You Probably Stayed
- It's Always Been Home: Sticking It Out After Fire And Mud In Washington's Methow Valley
- As Childhood Obesity Rates Increase, Boise Considers Plan To Make Daycares Healthier
- Idaho Playwright Wins $625,000 MacArthur 'Genius' Grant
Tue April 10, 2012
Matraca Berg On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Wed June 18, 2014 12:10 pm
Country singer-songwriter Matraca Berg makes her second appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live in Charleston, W.Va.. One of Nashville's most revered and sought-after songwriters, Berg has had her tunes recorded by Linda Ronstadt, Reba McEntire, Dusty Springfield, Patty Loveless, Trisha Yearwood, Suzy Bogguss, Pam Tillis and Martina McBride. She earned her first No. 1 song at 18, her first Grammy nomination at 22, and in 1997, she won the Country Music Association's Song of the Year for "Strawberry Wine," a career-defining hit for Deana Carter.
Just this year, her song "You and Tequila" was taken to the top of the country charts by Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter, earning Berg a Grammy nomination. She plays these two songs and others, drawing from her first album of new material in 14 years, The Dreaming Fields. Berg is backed by cellist David Henry, and on guitar by her husband Jeff Hanna, a founding member of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.
This performance was originally published on April 10, 2012.
- "Your Husband's Cheating on Us"
- "You and Tequila"
- "Strawberry Wine"
- "The Dreaming Fields"
- "On Cumberland"