Most Active Stories
- Bike And Soak: Maps Take Riders On Hot Springs Tour Of Central Idaho
- Idaho Students Make Last-Ditch Effort To Kill Guns-On-Campus Bill
- Latest Snowpack Map Shows Continued Improvement In Idaho's Water Supply
- Interactive Map Pinpoints Idaho, U.S. Wind Turbines
- WATCH: Drone Catches Video Of Stampeding Dolphins, Whale Calf
Mon February 20, 2012
Nada Surf: Music To Live By
It's hard enough to believe that Nada Surf has been making great music for nearly 20 years now. But with the vigor and vitality of its new album, The Stars Are Indifferent to Astronomy, Nada Surf almost sounds like a new band of twentysomethings who still think the world belongs to them — and maybe it still does. Matthew Caws (guitar, vocals), Ira Elliot (drums, backup vocals) and Daniel Lorca (bass, backup vocals) create music you want to live with... or to.
The group recently performed a set live on KEXP from The Triple Door as part of our VIP Club Concert series. With Guided by Voices' Doug Gillard joining the band on guitar, Nada Surf performed a lengthy set of songs from the new album, with a few classics thrown in for good measure.
- "Clear Eye Clouded Mind"
- "Waiting For Something"
- "Whose Authority"
- "Jules And Jim"
- "The Future"
- "When I Was Young"
- "See These Bones"
- "Always Love"
- "Looking Through"
Hosted by Cheryl Waters; engineered by Jake McLaughlin; camerawork by Jim Beckmann, Scott Holpainen, Christopher Meister, and Justin Wilmore; editing by Scott Holpainen