Most Active Stories
- Why Idahoans Use More Water At Home Than Anyone Else In The Country
- Snow Totals Low On Bogus Basin, Chances For Saturday Opening Now 'Slim'
- Why FBI Crime Stats Can Give A Skewed Impression Of Idaho Resort Towns
- With Ice Still On Boise's Roads, ACHD Defends Its Plowing Practices
- One Side Effect Of Hunting Wolves? They're Having More Sex
Sat August 17, 2013
Photos From Idaho's Beaver Creek Fire
The Beaver Creek Fire burning near the Idaho resort towns of Ketchum and Sun Valley has forced the evacuation of at least 2,250 area homes and an additional 7,500 are prepared to evacuate if necessary.
The lightning-caused fire started Aug. 7 and has rapidly grown to 92,700 acres, or 145-square miles.
Here are some photos and video captured by reporters and people who live in the Wood River Valley from Aug. 16-17.
[View the story "Images From The Beaver Creek Fire" on Storify]Correction: We originally included an image tweeted by Idaho resident Lori McNee. The photo she tweeted is not her photo, it was taken by the Pike Hotshots of the West Fork fire in Colorado.