Most Active Stories
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Idahoans And Iowans Join Forces To End State Mix-Up
- Extremists Leave A Violent Message In A Small Iraqi Town
- Update: Idaho's Whiskey Complex Wildfire Closes Sections Of Boise County
- Idaho's Eccentric Political Candidate Harley Brown Gets Reality TV Deal
Fri May 4, 2012
Q&A: Who Gets Idaho's Tax Breaks? Why Details Are In The Dark
StateImpact Idaho has rolled out a series of stories this week on tax incentive transparency in Idaho. That is, what is and isn’t public information when it comes to business tax credits and exemptions.
Almost always, tax incentives are created in the name of economic development. But in Idaho, little information is available about whether these incentives create jobs and grow companies.
Scott Graf talks with StateImpact reporter Emilie Ritter Saunders about the lack of transparency surrounding Idaho's business tax incentives.
Here are links to StateImpact's continuing coverage:
- Do Business Incentives Create Jobs? Idaho Is One Of 13 States In The Dark
- Tax Incentive Transparency: What Is And Isn’t Public In Idaho
- Open Government Advocate: Tax Incentive Details Should Be Public Info
- Tax Credit Roundup: What You Need To Know