Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Tue September 18, 2012
Romney’s 47 Percent Includes A Whole Lot Of Idahoans
According to the Tax Policy Center Idaho has the 10th largest share of tax filers who don’t pay federal income taxes.
Yesterday, Mother Jones released video of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney saying, among other things, that people who don’t pay income taxes are “dependent upon government” and won’t vote for him. But as this Tax Policy Center map shows, many of the 47 percent of Americans not paying federal income taxes live in Republican states. Click here to continue reading...