Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
Mon July 9, 2012
Storify: I-84 Reopens But Wildfire Continues To Burn Near Mountain Home
Update 7:40 a.m.: The Benwalk Fire burning near Mountain Home shut down I-84 for several hours Monday night but this morning the freeway is back open. The blaze grew over night to an estimated 15,000 acres.
Update 10:30 p.m.: Thunderstorms that moved through southern Idaho Monday sparked several new fires around the state. The Benwalk fire near Mountain Home is now around 12,000 acres. At this hour I-84 remains closed and evacuations have been issued.
The Red Cross has opened a shelter for people who've been evacuated. It's at the Elks Lodge at 325 South 3rd West in Mountain Home.
Around the Nation