Most Active Stories
- How Do You Say That? 10 Idaho Places Only Idahoans Know How To Pronounce
- How Do You Say That? 9 (More) Idaho Place Names Only Idahoans Can Pronounce
- Special Idaho Court A Model In Fight Against Domestic Violence
- This 1,000 Foot Waterslide Could Be Coming To A Boise Street Near You
- New Book Reveals Secrets Of Boise's Old Pen Through Photos
Mon June 23, 2014
Supreme Court Justice Scalia To Speak At Idaho Water Conference
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia will visit Boise in August to give the keynote speech at a conference marking the end of a nearly 30-year water adjudication process.
The University of Idaho announced the upcoming event is sponsored by the Idaho Supreme Court, the Kempthorne Institute, and U of I’s College of Law.
Scalia is speaking at a conference celebrating the end of the Snake River Basin Adjudication process which negotiated water rights in Idaho. That adjudication started in 1987.
Scalia was appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1986 by then President Ronald Reagan.
Registration for the Boise event will be available later this month. Scalia will speak on August 25.
Find Emilie Ritter Saunders on Twitter @emiliersaunders
Copyright 2014 Boise State Public Radio