Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
Mon May 28, 2012
Three Rescued After Owyhee County Plane Crash
Three people are expected to be okay following their plane crash over the weekend in Owyhee County.
Authorities say a 1966 Cessna crashed en route from Sacramento to Mountain Home, around midnight Saturday. One of the passengers used a cell phone to call 911. A LifeFlight helicopter was dispatched to the crash site, near Silver City. Crews located the wreckage around dawn, but were unable to land the helicopter to reach the victims. Terrain was steep, and ground rescue crews encountered 6-ft. high snow drifts. The Idaho Air National Guard assisted in the rescue. One of its helicopters hoisted each victim away from the wreck site. The three were then flown to a Boise hospital yesterday afternoon. All are expected to be okay.
It’s not clear what caused the crash.