Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Thu August 14, 2014
On The Turntables: Guest DJ Miss Mara
If you love music and dancing, a DJ can make or break a party. We've all been there: You go out with the burning desire to dance like a lunatic, only to find terrible music wherever you go, so you have no choice but to head home and blast records while you dance with a broom and weep. (I have never done this.)
Fortunately, most of us have also had the good fortune of winding up at a party where the music sounds amazing and the crowd is energized. When I first arrived in Mexico, I was lucky enough to wind up at a popular bar called El Imperial during one of the coolest DJ sets I've ever heard, courtesy of Miss Mara. Ever since, I try never to miss her sets, because no matter how hard the week has been, no matter what mood I'm in, I know she'll hit me with a fun, eclectic mix. That's a great DJ.
That's why I invited Miss Mara to our studios this week: to share her music collection, as well as her insight into what makes young Mexican crowds dance. Enjoy!