Most Active Stories
- Report: More Idaho Children Live In Poverty, Education Outcomes Slide
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Meet The Cast Of Disney’s ‘Planes: Fire & Rescue’ And Their Real Life Idaho Counterparts
- Gov. Otter Didn't Know 8 Immigrant Children Have Been Sent To Idaho In Border Surge
- Fire Managers Nearing Containment On Most Lightning-Caused Wildfires North Of Boise
Thu May 24, 2012
U. of Idaho President Weighs In On Football Future
University of Idaho President Duane Nellis says the university continues to weigh all of its options regarding the future of its football program.
In the volatile world of intercollegiate football conferences, the issue for some schools remains: where will they be playing in the future? The Western Athletic Conference, for example, has seen several football programs leave for other conferences, leaving the University of Idaho and New Mexico State behind. Nellis says the UI is looking at its options.
“We want to be in a situation where we celebrate with similar types of institutions as far as academic quality, and certainly we want to be on a national stage where we can gain visibility in that context,” Nellis says.
One conference the UI will apparently not be heading toward is the Sun Belt Conference, which added Texas- Arlington and then said Wednesday it would not be adding any other new members at this time.