Most Active Stories
- Grizzly Bear That Traveled 5,000 Miles Across Idaho, Montana Is A Mystery To Biologists
- Idaho Paraglider Could Be National Geographic's Adventurer Of The Year
- Data Points To Early Signs Of An Ada County Housing Bubble
- TV On The Radio To Headline Boise's Treefort Music Fest, Ticket Prices Increase
- Why Idaho Has Largest Share Of Unauthorized Immigrants Impacted By Obama Action
Thu December 12, 2013
Yellowstone National Park Opens Its Gates For Winter Tourists
Yellowstone National Park is reopening for the winter.
Starting Sunday, the north, west and south entrances to the park will be open commercially guided snowmobiles and snowcoaches.
The Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel, dining room and gift shop will open for the season on Dec. 20 and the park's east entrance over Sylvan Pass is set to open Dec. 22.
The only road in the park that is open to wheeled vehicle travel all year is the section from the North Entrance at Gardiner, Mont., through Mammoth Hot Springs, Tower Junction and the Lamar Valley on to the park's Northeast Entrance and the communities of Cooke City and Silver Gate, Mont.