Most Active Stories
- Quiz: Do You Know The Difference Between Idaho And Iowa?
- Idahoans And Iowans Join Forces To End State Mix-Up
- Extremists Leave A Violent Message In A Small Iraqi Town
- Update: Idaho's Whiskey Complex Wildfire Closes Sections Of Boise County
- Idaho's Eccentric Political Candidate Harley Brown Gets Reality TV Deal
Mon February 3, 2014
Young Sun Valley Native Dies During Ski Race In Vermont
A college student from Sun Valley died over the weekend while competing in a skiing event in Vermont.
Torin Tucker, 20, was a member of the Dartmouth College cross-country ski team. He died Saturday during the Craftsbury Marathon. His cause of death hasn't been determined. A school spokesman says Tucker died at the event after attempts to resuscitate him failed. Dartmouth says it will fly flags at half staff Monday and Tuesday to honor Tucker's memory.
Dartmouth skiers left the event after their teammate's death.
The college says Tucker was a graduate of Sun Valley's Community School.
Correction: The Associated Press, relying on information provided by the college, erroneously reported the event in which Tucker died. He died while competing in the Craftsbury Marathon, not the Vermont Carnival.
Copyright 2014 Boise State Public Radio