Most Active Stories
- How Do You Say That? 9 (More) Idaho Place Names Only Idahoans Can Pronounce
- Special Idaho Court A Model In Fight Against Domestic Violence
- This 1,000 Foot Waterslide Could Be Coming To A Boise Street Near You
- Feds Investigate Idaho Medicaid Mental-Health Contractor For Privacy Violations
- Medicaid Payment Woes Plague Idaho Mental Health Service Providers
Mon February 3, 2014
Young Sun Valley Native Dies During Ski Race In Vermont
A college student from Sun Valley died over the weekend while competing in a skiing event in Vermont.
Torin Tucker, 20, was a member of the Dartmouth College cross-country ski team. He died Saturday during the Craftsbury Marathon. His cause of death hasn't been determined. A school spokesman says Tucker died at the event after attempts to resuscitate him failed. Dartmouth says it will fly flags at half staff Monday and Tuesday to honor Tucker's memory.
Dartmouth skiers left the event after their teammate's death.
The college says Tucker was a graduate of Sun Valley's Community School.
Correction: The Associated Press, relying on information provided by the college, erroneously reported the event in which Tucker died. He died while competing in the Craftsbury Marathon, not the Vermont Carnival.
Copyright 2014 Boise State Public Radio