Most Active Stories
- Earthquake Swarm Continues To Shake Central Idaho
- Free Copies Of Controversial Sherman Alexie Novel Available To Meridian Students
- A Landslide Buried Boise In Mud 55 Years Ago, Scientists Say It Could Happen Again
- How Boise's 1959 Mudslide Led To Lasting Protections For City's Foothills
- 2 Women Sue Boise State University Over Sex Assault Response
Tue April 3, 2012
Horizon Air To Base Flight Crews In Boise, Medford, and Spokane
* Editor's Note: This story has been updated with additional information. The original story stated that by the end of the summer, Horizon Air's nearly 900 pilots and flight attendants would also call Boise, Idaho, Medford, Oregon and Spokane, Washington home. We've clarified this to say that by the end of the summer 300 of those 900 flight crews will be based in Boise, Medford and Spokane.
Idaho’s Treasure Valley will be home to more Horizon Air flight crews starting in August. The airline plans to expand its base of operations in three Northwest cities including Boise.
Horizon Air now bases its 900 pilots and flight attendants in Seattle and Portland. By the end of the summer, 300 will call Boise, Medford, Oregon and Spokane, Washington home.* Paul McElroy, an airline spokesman says, "We will be transferring 96 pilots and flight attendants to Boise where we’re creating a new base."
According to McElroy about half that number already live in Boise. He says it’s more efficient to have crews living in these cities than staying in hotels overnight. The airline’s decision to relocate flight crews to Boise, Medford, and Spokane will take effect mid-August.
Copyright 2012 Boise State Public Radio