Most Active Stories
- Census: Idaho’s Poverty Concentration Has Tripled Since 2000
- Update: Private Planes Collide Mid-Air In Central Idaho, One Pilot Dead
- Idaho Woman Gives Birth Through Her Pant Leg While Driving, On Phone
- Boise Entrepreneurs Hope Their Diverse Market Brings Idahoans Closer To Global Cultures
- Boise Logs 45 Triple-Digit Days In 5 Years, More Heat Is On The Way
Tue April 3, 2012
Horizon Air To Base Flight Crews In Boise, Medford, and Spokane
* Editor's Note: This story has been updated with additional information. The original story stated that by the end of the summer, Horizon Air's nearly 900 pilots and flight attendants would also call Boise, Idaho, Medford, Oregon and Spokane, Washington home. We've clarified this to say that by the end of the summer 300 of those 900 flight crews will be based in Boise, Medford and Spokane.
Idaho’s Treasure Valley will be home to more Horizon Air flight crews starting in August. The airline plans to expand its base of operations in three Northwest cities including Boise.
Horizon Air now bases its 900 pilots and flight attendants in Seattle and Portland. By the end of the summer, 300 will call Boise, Medford, Oregon and Spokane, Washington home.* Paul McElroy, an airline spokesman says, "We will be transferring 96 pilots and flight attendants to Boise where we’re creating a new base."
According to McElroy about half that number already live in Boise. He says it’s more efficient to have crews living in these cities than staying in hotels overnight. The airline’s decision to relocate flight crews to Boise, Medford, and Spokane will take effect mid-August.
Copyright 2012 Boise State Public Radio