Most Active Stories
- How Do You Say That? 10 Idaho Places Only Idahoans Know How To Pronounce
- How Do You Say That? 9 (More) Idaho Place Names Only Idahoans Can Pronounce
- Special Idaho Court A Model In Fight Against Domestic Violence
- This 1,000 Foot Waterslide Could Be Coming To A Boise Street Near You
- New Book Reveals Secrets Of Boise's Old Pen Through Photos
Thu August 2, 2012
State Juvenile Dentention Worker Explains Why She's Suing The State
The head of Idaho’s Department of Juvenile Corrections this week issued a statement saying young people who serve time at the state’s detention facility in Nampa are safe. Sharon Harrigfeld felt compelled to say that after 13 employees named her in a lawsuit that details alleged problems at the center. Allegations range from unsafe working conditions, to sex between juveniles, and even improper relationships between inmates and workers.
Scott Graf recently sat down with Rhonda Ledford. It was her idea to sue the state. Click 'Listen' to hear their conversation.
KBSX has requested comment from both the head of the state juvenile corrections department and the superintendent of the Nampa Center. Neither is conducting interviews regarding the lawsuit.