Most Active Stories
- Idaho Void Of "Super Zips," State's Most Elite Zip Codes Are Near Boise
- Chris Petersen Era Ends At Boise State As ‘Coach Pete’ Departs For Washington
- Son Of Former McDonald's Worker, Raul Labrador Opposes Minimum Wage Increase
- Video Shows Rugged Snow-Covered Idaho Terrain Searchers Are Combing For Missing Plane
- Map: Proposed Megaload Route Will Wind Across Southern Idaho's Backroads
Tue July 24, 2012
Wildfire Burning Near Boise's Micron Campus
UPDATE 10:20 PM: The BLM has estimated the fire to be around 1200 acres. Spokeswoman Mallory Eils told KBSX the fire's active flames have been controlled. The fire has burned only grass and sage brush. Eils says firefighters haven't set a date and time for containment.
Original post: Firefighters from the Bureau of Land Management and the Boise Fire Department are fighting a new wildfire near Micron in southeast Boise. Mallory Eils, a spokeswoman with the BLM, says the fire started north and east of the Micron campus. It’s burned parallel to Interstate 84 and is burning towards Blacks Creek Road. No structures are currently threatened. There is no current estimate for the fire’s size.
Eils says the fire started just before 6 PM. It’s the only new fire reported today in the BLM’s Boise District. It’s too soon to say what caused the fire, though Eils says a BLM investigator is on the scene and looking into what started it.
Ground crews are getting aerial support from several helicopters and air tankers. Eils says the Boise Fire Department has structure engines standing by at a nearby rest stop if the fire burns closer to any homes or buildings.